Thursday, July 4, 2013

Media Project 1

This project was an undertaking.  I started this process off thinking about how I can tell a brief story about myself in a creative and unique way.  I decided to try something different.

This was the first time I have attempted any sort of animation, let alone, stop motion.  What I found was a need for patience, planning, and understanding of the medium I was working in.  I shot nearly 1000 frames of footage, spent nearly two weeks (with my partner) creating the claymation character's and sets, only to find out I was still short in the amount of footage needed for a 2 minute piece.  The process was fun, creative, and frustrating, but I would work in this medium again.  Now that I have a better understanding of the time it takes to create, I am looking forward to creating more projects like this in the future.

I will post some photos and notes on the process later, but for now I hope you enjoy my final project entitled "Unfinished."  I look forward to any feedback.

"Unfinished" - video


Youtube link - "Unfinished"


Story Map


1 comment:

  1. Adam,
    Love the clamation! Love the little Adam; he turned out so adorable! Would love for you to show me how you did this in digital. Haven't done since film days so long ago...
    Of course it came up short! Isn't that always the way?! We plan, we think, we are sure we have what we need, but... I have always thought I was prepared, but still come up too short too often. It makes me understand why film makers overshoot so much. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete